Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One Failed Burger Attempt in Hawaii



On my recent trip to Hawaii, one of the most important things that I wanted to achieve was to eat at the Hukilau Cafe, a now world-famous Burger Joint thanks to the even more popular Man V. Food TV show. In addition, I thought I would get the Man V. Food Foursquare badge as I had read that checking in at a place featured in the show was the only condition to get the badge!

Well, after driving two hours to the north of Oahu island to reach the rather deserted city of Laie, I ended up in front of the Hukilau Cafe, only to realize that it was closed on Mondays. Gone my hopes to try their amazing burgers and to get this badge! On top of it, I ended up going to the two other places featured in the show: Helena's Hawaiian Food & MAC 24-7 at the Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio but I never got the badge!

What can I say? Foursquare & Man V. Food let me down on this one! But I will be back!

Hasta La Vista Baby!

No comments: