Friday, January 20, 2012

Blend Hamburger - Paris



Blend Hamburger opened less than a month ago. If you believe the hype (and there are enough famous songs advising you not too), this burger joint is rumored to be The place to have a great hamburger in Paris. It hence won't come as a surprise that the wait to be seated is rather long.


The menu is relatively short with only one "classic" burger, 2 veggie variations and a few other options mostly featuring a French take on Burgers.

To me, the more American the Burger, the better. That is my Burger motto. Although I chose the most classic burger on the menu, I was disappointed by the overall result. Even though all ingredients are great, the final product lacks freshness (think freshly sliced tomato & ice cold iceberg lettuce) and tasty cheddar.

Make no mistake, their burgers are good but they are way too "French", in my opinion. I was also disappointed by the lack of mayonnaise on site. I wish I could have replaced their homemade red sauce which tastes like something in between ketchup & tomato sauce with Tabasco by mayonnaise.

All in all, I had a good meal but it certainly didn't qualify as a wonderful burger or the best I've ever had.

I would rate them a solid 7 out of 10 on my personal Burger scale.



If you go there, have their cheesecake for desser. It is good but doesn't qualify as a truly classic American cheesecake.




No comments: