Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hakkasan Hanway Place London


Last summer, I reviewed the Hakkasan restaurant located at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami. I absolutely loved their food so it only seemed logical during my recent my week-end in London to have dinner at one of their London locations which, in my case, happened to be the Hanway Place one.

Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised with the fact that the restaurant was almost identical to its sister location in Miami for the setting there is absolutely stunning. I had their Dim-Sum platter which were tender and perfect:






The Dim-Sum platter tenderness was matched by their Wagyu beef which was a delicacy that I really enjoyed.


All in all, I had a very good dinner although I hated the fact that I felt we were being rushed out after the main course as our waiter told us that our table had to be cleared for their next customers and that since we had gotten there ten minutes late, they could not allow us to have dessert. I, then, argued that hadn't they had directed us to the bar and left us there for a good 25 minutes after our arrival, we wouldn't have had to order dessert so late. Finally, the restaurant manager "agreed" to let us order dessert which we did.

All in all, I had a great experience food wise but the aforementioned "dessert incident" is the kind of things that can absolutely spoil an otherwise perfect dinner. I understand that this restaurant seems to be always full but how can anyone in their right mind tell their customers they can't order dessert?

One last detail: as this restaurant is located beneath ground level, there is no cellular signal whatsoever anywhere inside.

No comments: